The first thing you will notice is our switch to flat-land design while still keeping our flavor.
A flat user interface means not using any gradients, this makes screen painting faster and more energy efficient, as well as less memory intensive.
FrostWire is a file type agnostic search tool for your mobile, on this release you will be able to see in real time the number of search results you get per file type (Audio, Video, Documents, Programs and Torrents)
We’ve also made a lot of upgrades under the hood that will make search feel faster and better than ever.
A few new search engines have been added to FrostWire’s smart meta search, and more are coming on further releases of the 1.2.x series.
The audio player screen got some love too, notice the new flat buttons, flat progress bar, and new long press gesture on the pause button to completely stop the current song being played.
On the top right there’s a menu with more options, including an option to delete the current track if you don’t like it, something you’d never be able to do with a iOS devices and iTunes.
Also, you can switch songs by swiping your finger to the left or right, and if you want to pause a song you can swipe down with 2 fingers.
FrostWire 1.2.0 – NOV/01/2013
– New Flat Skin makes screens rendering faster.
– New, more stable, slide in navigation menu.
– Considerable memory usage optimizations.
– Fixed skip-song gesture on top of player seek bar.
– New icons.
– After opening one of My Files, FrostWire will now remember the position of the list of files, no more scrolling down to continue browsing your own files.
– Current song being played now is displayed at the bottom of the navigation menu.
– Current song being played now shows “Stop” icon when browsing your own audio files.
– Updated turkish translation, thanks @Serrae.
– New BitSnoop metasearch.
– New TorLock metasearch.
– Removed ISOHunt metasearch.
– Fixed Monova metasearch.
– French translation updated.