One of the most requested features after Gnutella support was dropped over BitTorrent has been the ability to Preview the contents of a media file while it’s being downloaded. As of 6.0.7 FrostWire tries its best to collect download data to let you preview the file while it’s still being downloaded while not hurting the performance of the torrent’s swarm (sequenced piece fetching is done only for a very limited time or data amount depending on the download’s characteristics, once enough pieces are in for a preview the torrent resumes non-sequence downloading mode).
Download Previews are also available for most cloud (http) downloads.
Several search engine providers were fixed, including TPB and KAT, along with numerous upgrades and optimizations, including a refresh with the latest updates from the libtorrent project to make the torrent downloading experience the best out there.
frostwire (6.0.7) stable; urgency=high
* New feature: Preview while you download.
* Memory and CPU savings when parsing search results on some search engines.
* BTJunkie fixed.
* TPB search fixed.
* KAT search fixed.
* Monova search fixed.
* Fixes bug where soundcloud, archive.org audio downloads would not be automatically
be scanned by iTunes.
* Croatian translation updates.
* Torrent creation and parsing now done using frostwire-jlibtorrent api. More
* Fixes run on startup issue on Windows. Thanks to @win32re.
* Upgraded java virtual machine to 1.8.0_40 with hundreds of fixes and upgrades.
* Upgraded H2 database engine.
* Upgraded frostwire-jlibtorrent to the latest code from libtorrent.
* UX-improvement: A repeated search will honor active search engines.
— FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Wed, 08 April 2015 22:24:00 -0500
FrostWire is a free, open source BitTorrent client first released in September 2004, as a fork of LimeWire. It was initially very similar to LimeWire in appearance and functionality, but over time developers added more features, including BitTorrent support. In version 5, Gnutella support was dropped entirely, and FrostWire is only a BitTorrent client. Development of the program has been active since the program was first released in September 2004.