Today is MusicMonday and we are so happy to announce the newest version of FrostWire for Windows, Mac and Linux!
This new release has a lot of fixes. Monova, EZTV, and YouTube search have been fixed and now you’re going to get more search results!
Also, we updated jlibtorrent, and FrostWire is now faster when you search for content and decoding.
frostwire (6.2.4) stable; urgency=high
* Fixes Monova search.
* Fixes EZTV search.
* Fixes YouTube search.
* Fixes bug opening certain YT preview URLs.
* New jlibtorrent 22.214.171.124 with SSL security updates
and libtorrent 1.1 release.
* jlibtorrent: multithreaded disk i/o and hashing.
* jlibtorrent: more efficient alert allocation.
* jlibtorrent: experimental support for mutable torrents (BEP 38).
* jlibtorrent: 5x faster torrent bcoder/bdecoder.
* jlibtorrent: improved shutdown.
* jlibtorrent: SSL over uTP supported.
* jlibtorrent: countless scalability updates, seed tens of thousands of torrents, if not hundreds of thousands of torrents in a single jlibtorrent
— FrostWire Team <firstname.lastname@example.org> Fri, 15 Apr 2016 16:20:00 -0500
What is FrostWire?
FrostWire, a BitTorrent Client & YouTube Downloader that makes it easier to search, download, play and share content from the BitTorrent network & cloud sources, all in one place, announced today its new ‘preview’ and ‘play as you download’ capabilities for Android phones and tablets. The new preview feature not just enables users with a more convenient way to find and discover content, it makes downloading optional in some cases.