On this post you will learn how to fix “app not installed” error while downloading FrostWire Plus from outside Google Play. FrostWire Basic and FrostWire Plus are based on the same code, but FrostWire Plus has the ability to download from YouTube and SoundCloud in addition to the BitTorrent Network.
- Backup your FrostWire downloads saved within the SD card to make sure you won’t lose any of your files when uninstalling the app. (Check here how to backup your files downloaded)
- Open your Settings > Application Manager > All and select FrostWire, then click the button “Force stop” and “Uninstall” the app.
- Open your internet browser – Firefox or any browser other than Chrome – on your device and go to http://www.frostwire.com/downloads
- Select the Android icon on the website and then click on the button “Get the APK”
- Open your file manager (like File Commander) and go to the folder “Downloads”
- Select the .apk file downloaded from frostwire.com/downloads (it should be frostwire-android-release-[versionNumber]-b[buildNumber]-plus.apk) and open it with the app “Package Installer”
- Follow the instructions to install the app and let us know if you still get the message “Application not installed” at the end.
On FrostWire for Android (Basic and Plus) there is a really important Privacy Protection feature for VPN users.
FrostWire will detect if your VPN connection drops and if you have this setting activated FrostWire will automatically stop all BitTorrent transfers to protect your privacy.
This is a really important setting if you want to protect your privacy on the Internet as you won’t accidentally be transferring or sharing files using your local IP address.
How to use VPN-Drop Protection?
- Go to Settings
- Turn on VPN-Drop Protection
Remember! In order to use this feature you will need a VPN. You can order a VPN on FrostWire!
Avoid this from happening, play by the rules:
Learn in 1 minute how to avoid getting flagged on YouTube for copyright infringement for the background music you use with this tip.
Use FrostWire to find and download copyright/royalty free music for your video creations.
Around August 2016 several reports of slowdowns, freezes, crashes and UI rendering issues started being reported by several Windows 10 FrostWire users.
If you’re having issues please do the following:
1. Run a file system scan and a system file check
Run cmd.exe as an Administrator and issue the following commands
this will help you find any corrupted system files and any other issues in your file system.
2. Make sure to install the latest Windows Upgrades to fix Windows File System issues, in order to do this you have to update to at least the one released on August 31, 2016
August 31, 2016 — KB3176938 (OS Build 14393.105)
Key changes include:
Improved reliability of Windows Ink Workspace, Microsoft Edge, File Server, Windows kernel, Microsoft Component Object Model (COM), Cluster Health Service, Hyper-V, multi-factor authentication (MFA), NTFS file system, PowerShell, Internet Explorer 11, facial recognition, graphics, Windows Store, and Windows Shell.
3. If you have an NVIDIA GeForce graphics card installed, please make sure to have your drivers updated to at least the updates released in September 2016.
Earlier this month, KickAssTorrents (KAT) website went down and now Torrentz.eu shut down aswell. If you used those sites to search torrents, you may be wondering what alternative site or software you can use. The answer is simple: Get FrostWire!
FrostWire allows you to find, download and share files from the distributed peer-to-peer BitTorrent Network – music, movies, apps, ebooks, images. Any file type – no matter how big or small! In addition, FrostWire is also a cloud downloader – fetching results and downloading files from cloud based sources such as YouTube, SoundCloud and Archive.org.
You just enter a keyword and search, then pick a file from search results and download the file with one tap. It’s so simple. In only one place you can search and download. Other apps don’t have this amazing feature.
FrostWire is available for Windows, Mac, Linux and Android.
Since FrostWire 6.3.1 you can select how to show the transfers screen: as an individual tab or together below the search results in split view. On this post, you will learn how to use this new option.
Open FrostWire and you will see an individual tab for transfers.
Click on transfers tab and you will see all transfers!
Now, if you prefer to have the transfers below the search results in split view, you have to click on the “View” menu and select the option “Search/Transfers Split Screen”
Restart FrostWire and now you will have the search/transfers split screen!
What do you prefer? Transfers Tab or Search/Transfer split screen?
Get a VPN!
Privacy is a Human Right and you must protect it. When you connect to the Internet, corporations and even your internet service provider can spy you. If you want to protect yourself and not let any stranger see your personal information, you need a VPN.
A VPN will secure your connection, no matter where you are. With a VPN whatever you do online is going to be transferred encrypted. That includes your internet searches, your personal & identifiable information you type into websites, your emails and private messages and the files you download or share. Yes, you also can use a VPN for FrostWire.
How does it work?
You have to sign up for a VPN service and obtain a username and password for authentication. You then download and install a very tiny piece of software or an app that, upon a sign in, lets you choose a location of where you want to connect to. Your device then connects to servers in that location and those servers then pass on the connection to wherever you wanted to go. Your destination website will see your connection as coming from the VPN servers and your identity will not be revealed. More here.
Does FrostWire work with VPN services?
FrostWire, both for Android and for Desktop, works seamlessly with most VPN services. This means that however you connect to the internet – with or without the VPN – FrostWire will still search and download without any adjustment in settings on your part.
What are you waiting to protect your privacy? Get a VPN today!