This new release has a lot of fixes (EZTV, BtJunkie search, torrents issues, crash on audio player), also we upgraded Picasso library for image caching and did a significant update to the jlibtorrent library that improves memory handling and avoids a DDoS attack on the network.
The update is currently being rolled out in stages to a small percentage of users on Google Play so that we can fix any newly introduced bug without impacting the majority of users.
If you feel like you can handle it you can download the installers of build 202 and SourceCode on GitHub for both FrostWire Plus and FrostWire Basic on github.com
FrostWire 1.6.3 - SEPTEMBER/06/2015
- Upgraded Picasso library for image caching.
- Code/library cleanup.
- New 'Remove Torrent and Data' action on finished torrent transfers.
- Clicked search results are marked as visited and remembered during session.
- jlibtorrent update 188.8.131.52, rebuilt with new swig library, memory optimizations, crashes fixed.
- Fixes EZTV, BtJunkie search.
- Fixes issue where torrent downloads would start on 3g/4g disregarding setting.
- Multiple crash fixes on audio player.
What Is FrostWire?
FrostWire is the only BitTorrent Client and YouTube Downloader for both desktop and Android, featuring built in torrent & cloud search, preview functionality and integrated media player. For artists looking to share their content and consumers looking to access new content, FrostWire’s software is an easy-to-use gateway to the world of torrents, file-sharing and peer-to-peer content distribution.
Featuring a BitTorrent client, YouTube and SoundCloud downloader & Music Player, FrostWire is available as a desktop client or an Android application.
The fully featured FrostWire Plus app, is available for a free download at the official website frostwire.com/android
The FrostWire Basic app available on Google Play is mainly a BitTorrent Client and does not provide YouTube and SoundCloud support due to Google’s Developer Terms of Service.