Happy Sunday! As you probably know, we are working so hard on FrostWire Plus 1.9.9. Now, we released a new build of this version with more updates and changes. We’re still improving FrostWire 1.9.9 before entering the FrostWire 2.0 era. On the other hand, it’s important to know that support for Android 4.1, 4.2, 4.2, 4.3 has been dropped on this release.
FrostWire 1.9.9 build 456 – OCT/14/2017
– App Startup is faster
– Multiple freezes fixed, memory leaks fixed, crashes fixed
– Android Jelly-Bean (<4.4) support dropped, minSdkVersion=19
– Library updates: jlibtorrent 184.108.40.206-RC7, gms 11.4.2, mopub 4.17.0, flexbox 0.3.1, applovin 7.3.2
– Image viewer can now go to next and previous pictures with fling gesture
– Update system refactor, cleanup, updates shown on nav menu
– New Afrikaans translation
What is FrostWire?
FrostWire is a free, open source BitTorrent client first released in September 2004, as a fork of LimeWire. It was initially very similar to LimeWire in appearance and functionality, but over time developers added more features, including support for the BitTorrent protocol and a full blown media player.